12.8.08

SQL Server 2005 Installation Problems

This week I've run across a problem while trying to setup my home work environment.

One of the points of my setup was: install SQL Server 2005.

I thought that it would be a simple task. Maybe it could take my a couple of hours to install and configure the sql server 2005 installation.

But soon, hours have transformed into days has I struggled to find out why I couldn't successfully install sql server 2005.

But I've found a solution that I want to share with you!

First I have to put you in context:

I have previously installed SQL Server 2005 Express Edition into my box.

Now I wanted to install a new instance of SQL Server 2005.

When I ran the sql server setup it gave me a warning saying that I already had a version installed.

In spite of that warning I proceeded with the installation. When the installation ended and I happily entered SQL Server Management Studio my instance version of the server was 8.0.19.

My databases were in compatibility mode 80 (Sql server 2000) and I couldn't change it to 90 (Sql server 2005).

Using EXEC sp_dbcmptlevel Tests, 90; gave me the following error:

Msg 15416, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_dbcmptlevel, Line 92
Usage: sp_dbcmptlevel [dbname [, compatibilitylevel]]
Valid values of database compatibility level are 60, 65, 70, or 80.

Even if I created new databases! The compatibility level 90, for SQL Server 2005, was missing from the drop down list (combo box) of the database proprieties.

I tried to use SQL Server 2005's Service Broker but with no sucess.

ALTER DATABASE [MyDB] SET ENABLE_BROKER -- Incorrect syntax near 'ENABLE_BROKER'.

The Notification Services was also missing from SQL Server Management Studio.

Now for the solution:

1. Enter command line.
2. Navigate to the drive that has the Sql server 2005 setup cd
3. Start /wait setup.exe /qb INSTANCENAME=SQL2005 ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine SAPWD=SaPsw SQLACCOUNT=DOMAIN\Administrator SQLPASSWORD=AdminPsw AGTACCOUNT=DOMAIN\Administrator AGTPASSWORD=AdminPsw SQLBROWSERACCOUNT=DOMAIN\Administrator SQLBROWSERPASSWORD=AdminPsw SECURITYMODE=SQL

That's it!

If you want to install all components:
Start /wait setup.exe /qb INSTANCENAME=SQL2005 ADDLOCAL=ALL SAPWD=SenhaDoSA SQLACCOUNT=DOMAIN\Administrator SQLPASSWORD=AdminPsw AGTACCOUNT=DOMAIN\Administrator AGTPASSWORD=AdminPsw SQLBROWSERACCOUNT=DOMAIN\Administrator SQLBROWSERPASSWORD=AdminPsw SECURITYMODE=SQL

Don't forget to stop all services related to Sql server.

Hope it helps you install sql server 2005 with no problems!

Be a part of our private list!

Enter your e-mail and access The Rabbit Way's exclusive offers.

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz

Or read this related articles



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

No comments:

Post a Comment